Domain names are what makes the internet what it is. It’s said that “all the best domain names are gone”, and you should really consider all the facts about the name before purchasing. Has it got the keywords you’re looking for in the name, or are you more interested in branding your domain name? Get the domain name you want quick before it’s taken as it’s a vicious domain name world out there. I’ve had it happen where I thought of a good name, looked it up and it was available. Then in thinking about it, I paused for a day or so, then went back and it was gone. Below is what can happen when you don’t take the time to think about your domain name before acting and marketing your domain name.
All of these are legitimate companies that didn’t spend quite enough time considering how their online names might appear … and be misread.
These are not made up. Check them out yourself!
1. “Who Represents” is where you can find the name of the agent that represents any celebrity. Their Web site is www.whorepresents.com
2 . Experts Exchange is a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at www.expertsexchange.com
3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at www.penisland.net
4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at www.therapistfinder.com
5. There’s the Italian Power Generator company, www.powergenitalia.com
6. And don’t forget the Mole Station Native Nursery in New South Wales , www.molestationnursery.com
7. If you’re looking for IP computer software, there’s always www.ipanywhere.com
8. The First Cumming Methodist Church Web site is www.cummingfirst.com
9. And the designers at Speed of Art await you at their wacky Web site, www.speedofart.com
and a shameless plug for my new blog the Former Fat Guy Blog